Employment at Penfeed
Looking for a job?
We are always looking for new mechanics and summertime seasonal help at Penfeed. Please read the job descriptions below. If you are interested in one of these positions please email your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put the job title in the subject line of your email. You can also apply in person at our store.
This is a full time position, 40 hrs a 5 day week. Work schedule will be determined upon hiring our candidate but you should generally expect to work sometime between M-Sa 9am to 5:30pm. Saturdays will be required, but Sundays and one other to be determined day during the week will be taken off. Wages will be minimum wage. This will be a seasonal position starting Immediately and lasting until the end of September.
- Regularly moving equipment weighing 50lbs or more from one area to another
- Light assembly work on new equipment.
- Loading and unloading customer machines.=
- You may be asked to assist mechanics in the shop for various duties
- You may be asked to stock shelves
- You may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Washing and cleaning of both used, new, and customer equipment.
- Making sure the shop remains clean, pushing a broom and wiping down counters etc
- Cleaning of restroom, shop, company vehicles, parking and storage areas.
- Must have Mechanical Aptitude
- Required experience in the mechanical field.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs unassisted
- Must be able to kneel, bend, walk, and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to climb 2 flights of stairs regularly
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Smoking or drugs will not be permitted for this position
- This candidate must be over the age of 18.
- Must be able to work as a team and independently.
- Must be able to keep a neat and tidy work area.
- Must be able to listen and follow directions.
Full Time Lawn and Garden Mechanic
This is a full time position, 40 hrs, a 5 day week. Work schedule will be determined upon hiring our candidate but you should generally expect to work sometime between M-Sa 9am to 5:30pm. Saturdays will be required, but Sundays and one other to be determined day during the week will be taken off. Wages will be dependent of experience and will be decided at the time of hire.
- Inspect equipment to accurately diagnose the problem
- Individual will be working on Riding Lawnmowers, Walk behind lawnmowers, Rototillers, Edgers, Chainsaws, Two cycle equipment and other equipment related to this industry.
- This is a very fast paced work environment. The mechanic will be working on machines all day and will also be assisting in customer service periodically.
- Loading and unloading equipment as well well as small tasks around the shop such as cleaning will be part of your daily routine.
- The mechanic will also be looking up parts and doing research on a variety of parts lookup sites and programs.
- Wage is dependent on experience.
- Experience repairing lawn and garden equipment (See job description for details).
- Able to lift 50 to 75lbs as needed to repair and service equipment.
- Must be in great physical condition and be able to stand,kneel,sit, stoop,twist, climb stairs etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be both an independent worker but also a team player for different tasks falling under job description. This individual must be self motivated to work on equipment with little to no supervision.
- Must be willing to work with customers at the front counter during busy times. Often a customer will want to speak directly with the mechanic to explain the problem they are experiencing with the machine.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Attention to detail is a must for this job. Organization and keeping a neat and tidy work area is incredibly important in order to keep a well organized shop.
- Basic computer skills